Thinking about starting a nonprofit? Confused about where to begin? This free webinar will help you decide whether becoming a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization is the best choice for you. Topics include:
1. Questions to ask yourself before forming a new nonprofit
2. The benefits and responsibilities of nonprofit tax-exempt status
3. The process of incorporating and applying for tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (including a brief discussion of the new Form 1023-EZ)
4. The legal responsibilities of a nonprofit board
5. Alternatives to consider, including fiscal sponsorship
Nancy Eberhardt is the Interim Executive Director and the Director of the New Jersey Program of the Pro Bono Partnership, an organization that provides direct legal services to New Jersey non-profit groups. Nancy answers hundreds of legal questions from nonprofits each year, and has thousands of practicing attorneys available to help with specific issues. Nancy recruits volunteer attorneys to provide legal services, supervises client outreach, and coordinates nonprofit educational programs in New Jersey. Nancy was formerly in private practice with a focus on environmental law. Nancy currently serves on the Pro Bono Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association, and is an adjunct professor in Department of Public Administration at Kean University. She has served as trustee on the boards of many New Jersey nonprofit organizations. She is admitted to the bar in New Jersey, and is a graduate of The College of William and Mary and of Rutgers School of Law – Newark.