Engagement with the public, volunteers, donors, media and other target audiences is critical for nonprofits. Social media is an important way for you to raise awareness, attract supporters, create revenue sources and make it easier for donors to give money. Major funders also are evaluating your social media metrics when deciding to partner with you. So, if you have not developed a social media strategy or have only dabbled, it is time for you to develop your digital plan. During this interactive session, you will learn:
- How to get started or build upon your nascent efforts
- Evaluate which social media platforms are important to your audiences, therefore important to you and your organization
- How to develop and implement your social media strategy
- Develop messages and content relevant to the social media platforms you use
- Shortcuts and tips to make your social media presence effective and not too overwhelming
Patty Murray, founder and principal consultant for Murray Public Relations, is celebrating 25 years of helping clients craft and deliver their messages to target audiences in effective ways. Her professional background includes Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations and Government Affairs. Patty has worked with Fortune 100 corporations, midsize companies, nonprofits & associations, US & international organizations.
Patty has helped clients in numerous industries including food safety & consumer products, medical devices, microbiology, pharmaceuticals, utilities, health & social issues and small business practices. Her services include strategic planning, project management, marketing campaigns, editorial services, website development, social media management, corporate event management, and webinar production and moderation.
Patty has served two elected terms as a Council Member for the Borough of Milltown, NJ. For about 20 years, Patty has played volleyball weekly in co-ed leagues and pickup games. She will play volleyball any chance she gets on any surface: court, sand or grass!
Her Professional Development & Educational background includes:
- Rutgers Center for Management Development, Mini MBA, Financial Essentials
- Rutgers Center for Management Development, Mini MBA, Business Essentials
- Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning & Public Policy, Center for Government Services, Completion of the Municipal Elected Officials Certificate Program
- Douglass College, Rutgers University, BA in Journalism with Honors
Her website is at www.MurrayPublicRelations.com