Getting the Right People and Keeping Them
Recruiting and retaining talent are important tasks for any organization.
At PCW, we have workshops directly related to recruiting and retaining talent because we believe that skills in working with both staff and volunteers are critical to your organization’s success! You might also enjoy our blog on building trusting relationships.
Practical Tips for Recruitment and Retention
Steps to Recruit and Retain Great Employees and Volunteers
There are a few key strategies that can help you successfully recruit and retain top talent:
1. Define the role and responsibilities clearly: Make sure you have a clear understanding of what the role entails, what skills and experience are required, and what the candidate will be responsible for. This will help attract the right candidates and ensure that they are a good fit for the position.
2. Use targeted recruitment methods: Consider using a variety of recruitment methods, such as job boards, social media, and employee referrals, to reach a diverse pool of candidates.
3. Offer competitive compensation and benefits: Offer competitive salary and benefits packages to attract top talent. This may include things like health insurance, retirement benefits, and paid time off.
4. Foster a positive work culture: A positive work culture can help attract and retain top talent. This may include things like a supportive work environment, opportunities for professional development, and a positive work-life balance.
5. Provide ongoing training and development: Investing in the ongoing training and development of your employees can help them grow and advance in their careers, which can help with retention.
6. Communicate openly and transparently: Make sure to communicate openly and transparently with your employees, and encourage open and honest feedback. This can help build trust and create a positive work environment.
Related Resources – Four Steps to Improve Employee Engagement from Gallup.com
Take the Next Step
Are you interested in learning more tips like these? Join us at the Princeton Community Works annual conference, virtual in 2023, to learn more actionable strategies to make your life better, and build your community! Learn more and register.