A successful nonprofit leader knows the importance of working in the organization and on the organization, and of balancing the two. A leader who ignores trends swirling around the sector, who fails to discern trends that are coming from those that are going, much less those that are staying (and no longer “trends”) puts that organization in jeopardy. Identify some of the more common trends that are influencing the sector. Differentiate which are here to stay and which may be on their way out. You can expect to learn:
- why it is important to stay abreast of trends in the sector,
- some of the dominant trends and a few that may be in the wings,
- resources for assisting in trend monitoring,
- strategies for helping your organization become better at monitoring trends, and
- what to do with what you learn.